Find IFF on:
AOFC General Assembly elect new President – 08.02.2016
The Asia-Oceania Floorball Confederation (AOFC) General Assembly was held on Saturday 6th February 2016, in conjunction with the WFC Qualification event in Pattaya, Thailand. 12 of the 13 AOFC member countries attended the meeting, during which elections for 2016-18 were held.
Outgoing President, Mr Stephen King (AUS), opened the meeting and thanked Khun Chaiyapak, his team and the
Thailand Hockey Association for their excellent work and hosting of the WFCQ
and the General Assembly. He also welcomed IFF President Tomas Eriksson and Secretary General John Liljelund to the meeting.
On behalf of the AOFC Central Board Mr King gave a report of the AOFC activities for 2014-15:
- The increase in the number of countries & teams participating in WFC & WFCQ events has been very encouraging
- Implementation of the new AOFC Referee and Observer Development program has been a great success with 4 pairs now being approved in conjunction with the WFCQ in Thailand
- Rapid growth of the player numbers in several countries shows how their hard work is paying off, with great examples in countries such as India, Korea and New Zealand
- Project Oceania has commenced with a successful visit to Fiji as the first action with the goal to expand to Samoa, Tonga and other Oceania countries
- Participation and organising multi sports games with the SEA Games and WUC in Singapore
- Continuing to hold IFF Development seminars and referee and coaching development
During the meeting, all positions on the AOFC Central Board were declared open and elections were held for 2016-18, with the results as follows:
President: Dato’Seri Chaiyapak Siriwat (THA) (new)
Khun Chaiyapak addressed the meeting and thanked them for their vote of confidence in him and he committed to work with the CB to develop floorball more in the region. He also stated he would work to get an office open in Thailand in the near future to support AOFC.
Other items that were discussed:
The new AOFC Central Board held their first meeting later in the day and discussed the points that had been raised during the General Assembly. Many new committees were decided and a report from this meeting will follow.
1 - 9 / 9
AOFC Annual Meeting 2017 –
AOFC General Assembly 2016 & AOFC CB Meeting minutes –
AOFC General Assembly elect new President –
More floorball training in Asia –
AOFC General Assembly held during the WFCQ in New Zealand –
Floorball amongst the six possible SEA Games 2015 sports –
Singapore wins Men´s & Women´s tournament at SEA Games 2013 –
Southeast Asian Games 2013 starting –
AOFC General Assembly elected new central board –