Solna June 22nd, 2004
To: Czech Floorball Union, Attn. Filip Suman, President
German Floorball Association, Attn. Detlef Stötzner, President
The International Floorball Federation is pleased to have two good associations having sent in letters of interest to organize the WFC 2008 for men.
For the International Floorball Federation (IFF) to be able to evaluate your respective applications to organize the Men’s WFC 2008 properly, we kindly ask you for the following information, to be the IFF office by hand latest on October 30, 2004:
A/ Organizers regulations
The potential organizer is asked, in short, to inform the IFF how you would like to organize the
WFC 2008. At least the following shall be answered:
1. What city/cities to play in? You shall enclose brochures and information material in your bid.
2. Which venues to use (spectator capacity)? You shall enclose brochures and information material in your bid.
3. Distances between the venues, hotel capacity, youth hostel etc?
4. Your solution on transportation?
5. Please look into the organizers regulations (attached) for details. If you have any exception from the regulations this shall be included the information.
B/ Media and television broadcasts
Regarding participants and media it is of huge importance that they will not face problems entering the organizing nation during the competition as well as carrying out their duties.
C/ WFC 2008 support and letters of intention
Any governmental/national sports authority support shall be included the information; Such as letters of intention and confirmation from the Sports Confederation, Regional Sports Confederation, National Olympic Committee and civil authorities such as Government and City support (by letters of support and their intent).
D/ Commercial rights and organizers fee/ and budget for the WFC 2008
Regarding financials the IFF wants to stress that IFF owns both the TV rights and the commercial rights. Nevertheless, if the organizing Association wishes to bid on these rights, please include this
in the information. IFF sponsors can however not be excluded (as we speak i.e. Puma, Precision, Gerflor).
1. For the rights to organize the organizer shall pay an organizer’s fee. Your bid on fee shall be included the information?
2. Bid on commercials shall also be included?
3. A preliminary budget for the competition, from the organizer’s point of view, shall also be included.
The IFF Central Board is scheduled to decide upon organizer of the Men’s World Championships 2008 in its Central Board meeting during the European Cup in January 2005.
Looking forward to your bid, we remain
International Floorball Federation
Stefan Kratz b.d.